Friday, April 16, 2010

Never again ...

I told my husband if I ever mention the word "hoosier" again, he's supposed to say NO!

I was asked to paint a hoosier cabinet for a friend. She owns an antique mall and bought this from one of her customers. She said she wanted to use it for display. The only warning she gave me was that it was "icky" and she'd like it painted green & white. Mmmmmm k

I nearly threw up when I saw it for the first time. It was really in bad shape. Looks like it has been sitting outside for a while. Geez. I'm not a furniture restorer. I just like to occasionally paint/repaint something to make it look pretty.

Anyway, I took it home with me. Here's what it looked like before.
Disgusting isn't it? I couldn't believe someone wanted $295 for this thing. Whatever.
So I sanded and painted and here's what it looks like now.
I love Behr paints so I used "Dublin" and "Polar Bear" both in eggshell finish. I'm pleased and hoping my friend will be too.

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Leave one for me, please.