Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Veggie Night

My parents have a great garden this year. When we were visiting with them over the weekend, they loaded us up on squash, okra (or okry as my mom says), cucumbers and tomatoes. We had a veggie plate last night for supper.


I cut up the okra and let it sit in a bowl of beaten eggs for a few minutes. I didn’t have any corn meal but I found a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix in the pantry so I thought why not? I coated the okra in the muffin mix, dumped it into a pan with a little oil and fried it up. It wasn’t the best I’ve ever had, but it was pretty good.


I breaded the squash with flour and fried it too. Fried ... that's how we do it in NC.



Then I cut up some cucumbers and YUM! Supper is served! Not the most exciting, but it filled our bellies and we were happy.


Here’s Bubby … waiting for us to finish. Isn’t he the cutest???



So, what did you have for supper last night?

1 comment:

  1. That looks delicious! Bubby is just too cute. You found some awesome things at yard sales! My mom and I go just about every Sat. and we love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one for me, please.