Sunday, November 15, 2009

my first transformation

I bought this greenish chest of drawers at a yard sale about a month ago. It had a price tag on it of $35. When I walked up the owners driveway to see what he had in his garage (because it was raining that day), I noticed a sign on his mailbox that said "name your prise". No, I didn't spell that wrong! That's what he handwrote on a piece of cardboard. I don't think he's from around here. I think he's from another country. I only had $18 dollars with me at the time so I asked him if he would take $15 and he said YES!!! I motioned to my husband to pull the car closer, paid the man, loaded this cutie in my car and was on my way.







I FINALLY got around to working on this thing this past week and had an idea in my head and was hoping it would look as good as I imagined it.

Here's what it looks like now:






I used Glidden "Pebble White" and Ralph Lauren "Tea-Stained". I'm so pleased I think I'll sell it! ha ha

I'm posting this to Met Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch.

11 comments:

  1. You did a great job on it, what a steal of a price.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the second person today that I am their second follower, come on by for a visit and welcome to blogworld.

    cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Go! That's my kind of dealing. Love to get those kind of thrifty treasures. Name your prise...love it. You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bargain and you did a beautiful job!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great bones on this piece. Love the lines and the hardware. Nice job .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job and what an awesome deal! Thanks for sharing!
    I'm following you-stop by and follow me too.

    Dena
    sweetpicklesandchocolate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your chest came out great...thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kelly,
    Thanks for visiting! Wow another Charlottean! woo hoo. I do go to the Weddington GW at Siskey whenever I am near there. Good stuff.
    But the one just down the road from me is at Sardis Road North. And when I can go to the one at Johnston Road and 51 (McMullen Creek) I find great stuff there. Really good clothes too! Love the dresser. :-) And I go to the Salvation Army store on Independence @ (74) and Matthews-Mint Hill Road. Good furniture deals on half off day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dresser, wow could I use that, what a lot of storage and it looks so pretty when you finished...gotta love the goodwill...I am a new follower of yours, so i can see whats next, come for a visit, would love to have you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great deal!!! Great story!!! And it turned out fabulous. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Leave one for me, please.